Field Coordinator (CCCM) (1 Position) – Baidoa, Somalia
Vacancy id: VAC-8896Job title: VAC-8896 Field Coordinator (CCCM)
Apply by: 22-Dec-2022
Start date: 01-Jan-2023
Duration: 6 months
Number of vacancies: 1
Qualification: Master’s in ▪ Master’s degree in International Relations, Political Science, Business or Public Administration, Humanitarian Affairs, Conflict Studies or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience ( desirable). Bachelor’s in ▪ University degree in International Relations, Political Science, Business or Public Administration, Humanitarian Affairs, Conflict Studies or a related field from an accredited academic institution with four years of relevant professional experience ( essential).
Sector experience: Minimum of 2 year/s of demonstrable relevant Administration experience ( essential). Minimum of 2 year/s of demonstrable relevant Governance & Public Administration experience ( desirable).
Geographical experience: Minimum of 5 year/s of experience in Africa ( essential).
Languages: Fluent in English ( essential). Fluent in Somali ( essential).
CTG overviewCTG staff and support humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world, providing a rapid and cost-effective service for development and humanitarian missions. With past performance in 17 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and Asia, we have placed more than 20,000 staff all over the world since operations began in 2006.
CTG recruits, deploys and manages the right people with the right skills to implement humanitarian and development projects, from cleaners to obstetricians, and mechanics to infection specialists, we’re skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. Key to successful project delivery is the ability to mobilise at speed; CTG can source and deploy anyone, anywhere, in less than 2 weeks and have done so in 48 hours on a number of occasions.
Through our efficient and agile HR, logistical and operational services, CTG saves multilateral organisations time and money. We handle all our clients’ HR related issues, so they are free to focus on their core services.
Overview of positionOur client mission is implementing frontline activities as well as taking the lead in coordinating the Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM) cluster to improve the coordination, delivery, and monitoring of humanitarian services to vulnerable populations living in communal settings.
Under the direct supervisor of the CCCM Programme Officer, and the overall supervision of the EPC Senior Programme Coordinator, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for the implementation of operations aspects of the CCCM programme, promoting durable solutions and ensuring adequate community owned delivery of services to sites hosting internally displaced persons
• Lead the CCCM field teams to activate in new areas, launch new activities, and/or continue implementation of service monitoring, coordination, community participation, and accountability activities in existing or new sites, identifying and referring gaps in services and standards.
• Support the development of CCCM field teams through the provision of appropriate and relevant trainings and capacity buildings.
• Promote self-determination through participating in and leading discussions on transitional or durable solutions with all stakeholders; including active engagement with local authorities and community members to design adaptable site relocation strategies.
• Strengthen systems of site governance, community participation, women’s leadership, and maintain an effective coordination system of service provision in active client CCCM locations
• In coordination with the site development team, support the implementation of small-scale mitigation works, map safety risks, and other hazards at site and area level.
• Build and maintain effective relationships with national/local authorities, states institutions, civil society, and other relevant stakeholders, including effective coordination and information exchange.
• Liaise closely with the CCCM Cluster, providing technical inputs to strategy documents, and contribute to the development of contingency planning based on likely scenarios of future population movements.
• Closely monitor and report on specific aspects of project implementation; including resource utilization, logistical and administrative arrangements, service delivery, quantitative indicators, and programmatic impact; identify problems and propose actions to expediate the delivery of inputs.
• Draft and review project documents as required, including contributing to the development of new projects by selecting and summarizing key contextual information and target CCCM activities.
• Perform such other duties as may be assigned
• Reporting to the line manager.
Key competenciesThe incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies: Values
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate. Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work. Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others & building trust:creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction
• This role has a team management responsibility
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Disclaimer: At no stage of the recruitment process will CTG ask candidates for a fee. This includes during the application stage, interview, assessment and training.