ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE
Under the overall guidance and direct supervision by the Programme Director the incumbent will be accountable and responsible for financial management, administration, Procurement management, Human resource Management and operational support functions for Life-Line Gedo as per organization’s policies and procedures and play a significant role in long-term planning, including an initiative geared toward operational excellence.
3. RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Specific duties will include the following:
· The financial management includes planning and reviewing annual budgets, managing costs and payments through partners and suppliers, monthly financial reporting, and other ad-hoc financial analysis as required
· Continue to improve organization’s finance system by adopting and implementing accounting best practices including identification of computerized Accounting software
· Ensure that accounting records are maintained in a manner consistent with good accounting principles
· Review expenditure for audit trail, confirm accounting codes, and ensure that expenditure is accurately recorded in dally books and reported in a timely basis to funding partner organization/Donors.
· Ensure production of monthly management accounts and extrapolate into donor format & currency, ensuring accuracy and timeliness
· Ensure that the procedures for procurement and purchasing of goods and services are in place and meet Life-Line Gedo’s and Donor’s standards of transparency and accountability
· Help manage recruitment, hiring, orientation of employees; implement compensation determinations; manage benefits for all staff.
· Oversee office management; liaison to building maintenance staff; IT and phone support.
· As directed, help to develop, implement and review operational policies and procedures.
· Assist with implementation and tracking of annual employee work plans.
· Ensure all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance thereof.
· Help promote an organizational culture that encourages top performance and high morale.
· The Operations Manager is the Security Focal Point
· Responsible for ensuring that all staff are informed of the security situation and actions to be taken in response to changes in the security situation
· The security focal Point is responsible for daily security SMS in the morning and donor reporting
· The SFP shall update the staff telephone list on a regular basis
· He/ She shall activate the emergency communication tree
· The SFP will translate the Security manual into Somalia for the benefit of local staff like guards, drivers and cleaners who may not have adequate language skills.
· Provide technical leadership to drive the implementation of procurement and supplies policies and plans aimed at cost effective acquisition of high quality, materials, goods and services.
· Prepare strategic procurement plans and budget outlining key activities to be undertaken, the projected cost, funding sources as well as expected outcomes
· Develop and implement flexible and responsive procurement and stores management system for monitoring and tracking costs as well as maintaining up-to-date inventory of goods and services.
· Develop detailed tender specifications and performance standards to facilitate procurement of capital equipment,
· Goods and services in strict compliance with the organizations approved policy as well as donor requirements
· Provide oversight to sourcing in support of project activities and conduct training on procurement, sourcing, contracting responsibilities, ethics and general guidelines on property management.
· Examine and re-evaluate existing contracts in line with performance.
· Perform risk analysis regarding supply contracts and agreements.
· Ensures project procurements are conducted within the stipulated timelines (timely project procurements)
· Review, up-date, interpret and implement existing procurement regulations, procedures and systems; prepare and ensure implementation of the procurement manual.
· Ensure timely and efficient implementation of procurement strategy and ensure that departmental performance targets are set and achieved.
· Oversee the maintenance and safeguarding of procurement records and documents.
· Monitor contract management by user departments to ensure implementation of contracts in accordance with terms and conditions of the contract.
Support Staff management and capacity building
· Lead, manage and ,motivate, support staff ensuring that they have clear objectives and receive meaningful feedback on their performance in mature and impartial manner
· Provide orientation and training to staff support and programme staff on finance and supply chain procedures for cost-effective management and to ensure that audit/ donor compliance procedures are consistently followed
· Ensure the none-disclosure of any information of whatsoever acquired in the due course, related to business of Life-Line Gedo to any other organization without authority except in execution of above duties.
· Ensure strict guardianship and security of financial data and documents at all times, including secure storage, accurate & complete filing and limiting access to the finance office to authorized personnel only.
· Accepts and gives constructive criticism
· Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies
· Meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs
· Monitors own work to correct errors
· Takes responsibility for meeting commitments and for any shortcomings
· Identifies the immediate and peripheral beneficiaries of own work
· Contributes to colleagues’ learning
· Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills
· Actively shares relevant information
· Writes clearly and effectively, adapting wording and style to the intended audience
· Listens effectively and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
· Provides constructive feedback to colleagues
· Degree subject matter related to responsibilities and similar experience
· Identifies issues, opportunities, and risks central to responsibilities
· Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation
· Persistent, calm, and polite in the face of challenges and stress
· Treats all colleagues with respect and dignity
· Works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts
· Knowledgeable about and promotes LLG core mandate
· Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment
· Contributes to, and follows team objectives
· Gives credit where credit is due
· Seeks input and feedback from others
· Actively supports and implements final group decisions
· Effectively applies knowledge and skills on LLGs mission, policies and procedures
· Provides solutions to problems or areas where improvement is needed with regards to delivering on LLG’s mandate
6. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Master’s degree in Management/Business Management Logistics/Administrative
· 2 to 3 years in Budget management and operations and organizational policies and procedures, in an emergency or development field,
· IT knowledge is an added advantage
· Good interpersonal, motivational skills and flexible/motivated
· Strong staff management and staff development experience
· Computer skills including database management, Microsoft Word and Excel
· Good working knowledge of English (verbal and written) and Somali
· Good organizational skills
· Dynamic and willing to take initiatives to complete assigned tasks and work under pressure
· Ability to multi task and work independently whilst being strong team player
· Proficiency in Somali and working knowledge of English language required